Maintaining the security and privacy of your data is a priority for GemTECH Digital. We are also dedicated to ensuring that your data is processed lawfully and fairly.
This privacy notice describes how we collect, use and protect your personal information.
What personal data do we collect?
Our main reason for collecting personal information is to provide you with the information or services that you have requested and improve the service and experiences that you and users of the website expect from us.
We will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
Information you share with us:
for example, you provide information to us when you complete any online form. Through these interactions you may share with us your personal details (e.g. name and date of birth); contact details (e.g. address, telephone number (including mobile number) and email address); payment details (e.g. your credit card or bank details); your communication and marketing preferences, as well as any other personally identifiable information you include in your interactions with us.
when you use our website, we may also use information collected by cookies. “Cookies” are small text files that websites save onto your device via your web browser. Some cookies that we use will collect personal information about you. By continuing to use our websites, you accept that cookies may be set on your device.
Website usage information:
We collect and store limited personal information and anonymous, aggregate statistics from all visitors to our website, The information we collect includes the internet protocol (IP) address of the device you are using, the browser software you use, your operating system, the date and time of access, the internet address of the website from which you link through to our website and information on how you use our website.
for example, any information you have shared via a public platform such as a Facebook or Twitter.
How we use it
We use your personal data:
- to respond to your queries and communicate with you.
- to verify your identity.
- for accounting and payment processing purposes
- with your consent, to contact you with marketing and promotional information.
- to allow us to improve user experience.
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes.
- We may also use your personal data in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
- Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else's interests).
- Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes.
- If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Who we share it with
We may share your personal data with third parties as set out below:
- companies or organisations that we have engaged to provide services on our behalf;
- any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise protect our rights or the rights of any third party; and
- providers of back-up and storage services.
We only permit third-parties to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
How we protect your data
We are committed to keeping your personal information safe and secure. Our security measures include:
- Internal procedures to maintain data security.
- We limit access to your personal information to employees and third-party service providers who have a business need to know
How long we keep your data
We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed. Your information we use for marketing purposes will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
Your rights relating to your personal data
You have the following rights:
- to ask what personal data we hold about you at any time.
- to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you.
- to object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
Right to withdraw consent
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data in relation to sending you Scheme news and updates. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
To withdraw or update your consents contact us here. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information of the purposes you originally agreed to.
Data protection officer
Our Data Protection Officer is Tam Tomkins and you can contact them at email@example.com
Changes to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates.